Key switch

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue Apr 24 08:43:01 2001

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Peter Schüller wrote:

> revuid seems to be non-existent; however revkey revokes a secondary key. In
Soory, I always forget about this. You have to use "revsig".
> I just tried it now btw. It seemed to work fine, but for example kmail still
> says "message signed by peter.schuller@noreva.se". One might argue it's an
gnupg 1.0.4h does the right thing. I was myself in aneed for it, so I made sure that it does not display revoked user IDs anymore and displays the newest user ID first.
> application problem; but I'd like to just totally remove any trace of my old
> one... so AFAIK my only choice is to generate a new key.
You can only do this for your own copy. As soon as you import something from a keyserver, old signatures, keys and user ID get merged back. Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus