Encrypted Session Key is Bad?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue Apr 24 08:47:01 2001

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Nick Andriash wrote:

> no problem decrypting those messages with GPG, aside from a reference to
> an old style signature which I presume is from --force-V3-sigs:
No this is just to force gpg not to generate v4 signatures except for keys.
> gpg: old style (PGP 2.x) signature
> gpg: Signature made 04/22/01 21:11:49 using DSA key ID 7BA3FDCE
Someone passed --rfc1991 to gpg. This option is just a kludge and can only be used with old RSA keys.
> Do you think that perhaps the "Encrypted Session Key is bad" is caused by
> the Plugin?
Have a look at it's source code ;-) Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus