my first steps with GnuPG...

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu Apr 26 00:07:01 2001

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Falissard wrote:

> I cannot understand it ! I was so sure GnuPG
> was 100% compliant with RFC2440 !
Well, I believe it is. However most protocols are moving targets and the MDC packet is something which is in the draft for the next version of OpenPGP (same for Twofish and a lot of other things). We try to make sure that nothing gets broken but sometimes it just happens and old GnuPG versions might not be able to cope with a newer format. I think upgrading is the easiest way to handle this and it fixes some quite serious security problems. Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus