GNUPGHOME on Win2000

Miroslav Koncar miroslav.koncar@etk.ericsson.se
Fri Apr 27 14:07:01 2001

Hello all,

since I'm quite unexperienced working on Windows (beside typing in word
and openning explorer :-) ), I would appreciate if someone out there has
some information about setting up the enviroment for GPG on Windows.
What I'm interested in is how can I change my default directory for the
keyrings. I've tried changing GNUPGHOME variable, but it's completely
ignoring me, no metter I do, it constantly looks at the c:/gnupg
directory. If I use --homedir option in the command line, it works fine,
but I would like if I could make it work automatically, like it works
perfectly on UNIX with GNUPGHOME variable.

I'm working on Win 2000, and the version of GNU PG is:

gpg (GnuPG) 1.0.4g-winpt
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

Home: c:/gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, RIJNDAEL, RIJNDAEL192, RIJNDAEL256,
TWOFISH
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA, ELG

Thanks,
    Miroslav