Can't import keys -- link() failed

Johan Wevers johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 28 11:56:01 2001

Werner Koch wrote:

> The filesystem on the floppy does not support hard links which are
> needed for creating locks.
>
> Workaround: Use option --lock-never and make sure that no other
> instances of GnuPG is running.
I think the easier solution is to format the floppy with ext2. An extra advantage of that is that if someone steals your floppy with the secret key they might think it is damaged because windows will give a general failure reading it. (OK, I know security through obscurity is bad design, but if it doesn't help it certainly won't harm). -- ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site: johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html PGP/GPG public keys at http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/pgpkeys.html