libgcrypt: beginners question

Timo Schulz twoaday@freakmail.de
Sat Aug 4 19:07:02 2001

On Thu Aug 02 2001, August C. Quint wrote:

Hi August,

> I tried this approach with gpg and it worked (created a signature,
> checked it) but I prefer calling some code in a lib (or in a DLL) instead
There should be a script to generate a DLL for Windoze instead of a static library. But I'm not sure if it's in the current CVS.
> I can find some MAKEFILES but I did not find anything which I could use
> from VC++. Has anyone used the code within VC++ and can give me a URL
> or an hint to an FAQ or ....
But now the problem, AFAIK libgcrypt doesn't support any low level RFC2440 (OpenPGP) operations. So you need GPGME or you can port the GPG code to Windoze. FYI, the problem with the static library and VC++ is that there are some unresolved dependencies. But with the DLL it works. Timo -- Two-a-Day at WinPT.org keyid BF3DF9B4 http://www.WinPT.org