My french name doesn't turn right

François Jan fjan@wanadoo.fr
Sun Aug 12 20:17:01 2001

Hi everybody,

I am terribly upset because of my french name (François).
I have read that it is fine to have cedilla or umlaut in
one's name in gnupg but here it is what I get in gnupg

[jan@muse jan]$ gpg --edit-key fjan@wanadoo.fr
gpg (GnuPG) 1.0.6; Copyright (C) 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

La cl? secr?te est disponible.

pub  1024D/4EF9F79C  cr??e: 2000-10-22 expire: never      confiance: f/u
sub  1024g/A3568C59  cr??e: 2000-10-22 expire: never
(1)  François Jan <francois.jan@polytechnique.org>
(2)  François Jan <fjan@wanadoo.fr>
(3)  François Jan <francois.jan@m4x.org>
(4). François Jan <francois.jan@laposte.net>

Well, the command-messages from gnupg are messed up but I read
something about gnupg not using gettext. It wouldn't bother me
if it was the only problem....because I found out that despite
my name looks good in gnupg, it doesn't in the wide world. GPA
shows me the Fran§ois thing and so does keyserver.net

By reading through the mailing-list, I know there is no hope
correcting the problem and I would like to simply add a new Id
but how should I do since my gnupg doesn't understand me right.

If you've got any idea, I would greatly appreciate.

Cheers,
François