My french name doesn't turn right

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon Aug 13 09:54:02 2001

On 12 Aug 2001 20:14:03 +0200, François Jan said:

> sub 1024g/A3568C59 cr??e: 2000-10-22 expire: never
^^ That is due to a glibc/gettext problem. Try to set LC_MESSAGES to your locale. The next gnupg version will handle it as usual.
> (1) François Jan <francois.jan@polytechnique.org>
^ You see it works :-)
> my name looks good in gnupg, it doesn't in the wide world. GPA
> shows me the Fran§ois thing and so does keyserver.net
Both are not handling the putput of GnuPG correctly. GnuPG's --with-colon output is the native encoding of OpenPGP which is UTF-8 (that is the reason for the 2 characters for the cedilla c in your name) GnuPG is correct according to OpenPGP, keyserver.net and many other programs are not. -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus