License issues

Frank Tobin ftobin@uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 15 00:02:01 2001

Marcus, at 19:46 +0200 on Tue, 14 Aug 2001, wrote:

   I'd like to use gnupg as an external encryption program for a
   shareware program I'm authoring. My program would just be a frontend
   which calls gnupg. Is this okay license-wise? Are there any
   commercial products using gnupg as a third-party utility?

While I am not an authority on the implications of the GNU GPL, it depends
on "how" you care "calling" GnuPG.  If you are doing so via pipes or
command-line, you should be fine.  If you are doing so via library
invocations, you might need to take a different approach.

--
Frank Tobin		http://www.uiuc.edu/~ftobin/