Deleting secret keys w/o public keys

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu Aug 23 09:32:02 2001

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 21:07:56 +0200, Michael Below said:

> --delete-secret-and-public-key doesn't work, that leads to:

> gpg: 0xXXXXXXXX: user not found
> gpg: 0xXXXXXXXX: delete key failed: public key not found
This is a bug introduced by revamping the key selection code. The only workaround is the gpgsplit tool which is currently in the CVS and will be available in the soon to be released snapshot. Well, it is for experts only. I think you have to live with this message for some time :-( Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus