can't decrypt symmetrically encrypted files from PGP

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu Aug 23 14:58:02 2001

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:08:21 +0200, Mark Koek said:

> Hi,
> I can't decrypt files encrypted with PGP using symmetric encryption. GPG says
> "bad passphrase" even though I'm sure the passphrase is correct.

> Try the attached test file, for example. The key is "passphrase".
Use gpg --load-extension idea --cipher-algo idea but you need the idea extension, but: * DUE TO PATENT CLAIMS THE DISTRIBUTION OF THE SOFTWARE IS NOT ALLOWED IN * THESE COUNTRIES: * AUSTRIA, FRANCE, GERMANY, ITALY, JAPAN, THE NETHERLANDS, * SPAIN, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, THE UK AND THE US. all others (and Johan) can get it from www.gnupg.dk/contrib-dk/idea.c and .sig Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus