Email reader...

Johan Wevers johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 23 21:15:01 2001

Werner Koch wrote:

> No court decisions so far. However at least in Germany a court has
> also to look at the intention of a contract if there are doubts on how
> to interpret it.
I wonder what will happen if some countries say linking closed source against a GPL lib is allowed and some don't. That would perhaps move certain distribution sites to certain countries, just like GnuPG is now deliberately developed and distributed outside the US.
>> Well, if I lived in a country run by copyright extremists I probably would
>> not do it so openly. But fortunately in The Netherlands I could safely put
>> DeCSS on my site without anyone even complaining.

> and may get arrested the next time you visit Iraq^H^H^H^Hthe U.S.
Maybe. Especially if they knew I visited Iraq before. :-) But why would they wait until then? That Norwegial boy was also arrested on request of the gesta^H^H^H^H^HUS police. -- ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site: johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html PGP/GPG public keys at http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/pgpkeys.html