Using GnuPG and Network Associates PGP.

Peter Kuhm peter.kuhm@plus.at
Fri Dec 7 17:50:01 2001

At 02:05 07.12.01 -0000, Ingi S. Sk=FAlason wrote:

>I want to use gpg to encrypt messages from a web page that are sent
>as e-mail to me. I have Outlook and Network Associates PGP installed.
>
>I exported the public key from NA PGP and imported it into GnuPG.

of course you have to import the secret key as well.

Have a look at section "6. Importing keys from PGP" from
http://www.jfrisch.de/GPG-Install/Seiten-englisch/index.html

or http://technocage.com/~caskey/gnupg/pgp2gnupg.html

if you have an old PGP version I found this docs useful:
http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/pgp2x/t1.html
| Replacing PGP 2.x with GnuPG

>When I try to encrypt I always get an application failure, memory access
>violation.
>I also tried to import the key ring from GnuPG to NA PGP, it works but I
>can't
>use it because it's status is invalid!? Don't know why!
>I was hoping to be able to decrypt my messages in Outlook rather then doing
>it using command line. Is it possible to make this scenario work?

Good luck,
Peter

--=20
VIBE!AT - Verein f=FCr Internet-Benutzer =D6sterreichs (.AT) http://www.vibe=