GNUPG / PGP / Java / hushmail.com

Anthony E . Greene agreene@pobox.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:07:14 -0500

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:41:35 Christian Jacken wrote:

>When answering, please CC to christian@jacken.net
>since I'm not on this list. Thank you!
>* What do you think about a Java implementation of GNUPG (like
>hushmail.com - sources available at www.hush.ai)?
Your key is accessible to Hushmail, making the entire exercise a waste of time for most of the user who would use such a service. Their passphrase would likely be vulnerable to dictionary attack.
>* To what extent is GNUPG based on the GPL sources of PGP 2.6.x?
There are no GPL versions of PGP.
>* Is there a free version of PGP for business use (considering that the RSA
>patent expired)?
No.
>* By chance, is someone aware of a software that converts Outlook 2000 .pst
>files for use with a good Linux X-Window mail client (unfortunately
>Netscape
>4 and 6 crashes because my over-300MB-pst file seems to be to large)?
I'd like to kow the answer to that myself. I've never used mailers that use proprietary file formats for personal mail, but I'd be interested to know so I can help other folks get out when they finally decide to abandon Microsoft mail clients. Welcome to the world of proprietary file formats. Tony -- Anthony E. Greene <agreene@pobox.com> <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/> PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26 C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D Chat: AOL/Yahoo: TonyG05 ICQ: 91183266 Linux. The choice of a GNU Generation. <http://www.linux.org/> -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org