Signing multiple files

George Sinclair gsinclair@nodc.noaa.gov
Thu Jan 25 17:04:00 2001

How can you sign multiple files using gpg? If I don't want to have to
enter the password a zillion times when signing every file in a given
directory, I would be forced to use something like Expect or possibly
write a Perl script using the Expect module, or some such thing. Is
there another easier way?   Also, how can I safely pass the
passphrase into the script? There appears to be a dearth of
information surrounding the subject of multiple files, batch mode
etc. in the documentation. For such an important issue, the available
solutions and or available information just seems terse or abstruse.

Thanks.

George Sinclair | gsinclair@nodc.noaa.gov