use of --passphrase-fd in batch symmetric encryption

Frank Tobin ftobin@uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 11 08:34:01 2001

William Binkley, at 20:45 on Tue, 10 Jul 2001, wrote:

    	I am apparently too dumb to figure this out -> I've tried
    reading the man page, faq, and other docs at the gnupg site, to no
    useful avail. I can't seem to figure out how to symmetrically
    encrypt a batch of files at once, using the same passphrase, and
    entering the passphrase only once for the whole batch. I tried the
    following (and I am no pearl programmer, beware):

I highly recommend using GnuPG::Interface, a Perl module to help
interacting with GnuPG via filehandles.  It is available from CPAN, or
from http://gnupg-interface.sourceforge.net/

--
Frank Tobin		http://www.uiuc.edu/~ftobin/