effects and incompatibilities between GPG1.0.6 and PGP CKT 0

Florian Weimer fw@deneb.enyo.de
Thu Jul 12 21:07:02 2001

Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org> writes:

> On Wed, 11 Jul 2001 21:09:18 +0200, Kai Raven said:
>
>> something against the problems in a positive way for the compatibilty
>
> Not needed. Just make sure that apps are OpenPGP compliant.
This is not sufficient, even if you only consider syntax (have a look at the MDC stuff which is certainly not compliant to the current incarnation of OpenPGP). In practice, for real interoperability, you need much more than a common message syntax, and I think most interoperability problems are not related to syntax. (Certainly, this is my experience.)