Imad R. Faiad's opinion about GnuPG

Johan Wevers johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 18 22:54:02 2001

pplf wrote:

> For your info, Imad has given his opinion about GnuPG in the newsgroup
> comp.security.pgp.discuss (thread "Moved from 2.63i to PGP6", messages dated
> July 9 and next days, see http://www.deja.com).
>
> In few words, he says : "Do not use GnuPG in a production environment"
> (written in CAPS), GPL is a theft of the standards and intellectual
> properties, and finaly... GnuPG is "snake oil" ;-)

>From what I read in those groups I conclude something has happened between
Imad and some people related to the gpg project and it seems that personal dislikes are governing the reactions. I think this is very pitty, because the ones that are loosing are the people who might depend on reliable crypto software. IMO this dispute should end ASAP! -- ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site: johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html PGP/GPG public keys at http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/pgpkeys.html