Imad

Anthony E. Greene agreene@pobox.com
Tue Jul 24 03:52:01 2001

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Rich wrote:

> Yes, but specifically what I was talking about was his
>insinuation that the fine GnuPG developers have "altered" the
>binary W32 version.
>
> Here is his quote (as much as I didn't want this to devolve into
>a "he said she said" kind of thing):

>OK, please do yourself a favor.
>Download the offcial binary distribution of GnuPG for windows.
>Also download the official source code distribution of GnuPG.
>Compile it yourself, and compare it with the official binary
>distribution, and by all means do let us all know what your findings are.
>And we will go on from there for the other juicy stuff...

That is ridiculous. No two randomly chosen machines will produce the same binary. There are too many compiler options and environmental variables to expect a perfect match. Tony -- Anthony E. Greene <agreene@pobox.com> <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/> PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26 C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D Chat: AOL/Yahoo: TonyG05 Linux. The choice of a GNU Generation. <http://www.linux.org/>