HOWTO on interfacing with gnupg/pgp?

Len Sassaman rabbi@quickie.net
Tue Jun 19 02:59:02 2001

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Johan Wevers wrote:

> Werner Koch wrote:
>
> > No. By using IDEA you show that there is still an interest in
> > patented algorithms.
>
> I am interested in using IDEA. Not because it is patented but because it
> is tested and found to be secure. IDEA has had more testing than the other
> algorithms except for 3DES, but for 3DES the effective keylength is only
> 112 bits.
Out of curiousity, where do you get this "more testing than the other algorithms" claim? I'd think that AES has had far more testing than IDEA. I'd also think that CAST is more trustworthy. And the 112 bits is for EDE 3DES. The 3DES in PGP uses 3 different keys, no? __ Len Sassaman Security Architect | Technology Consultant | "Let be be finale of seem." | http://sion.quickie.net | --Wallace Stevens