HOWTO on interfacing with gnupg/pgp?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue Jun 19 09:58:01 2001

 || On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 22:23:44 +0200
 || Marc Mutz <Marc.Mutz@uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:

 mm> question on how to best interface with _this kind of_ programs
 mm> securely. And probably a little bit on how to best handle passphrases
 mm> in the frontend.

IMHO the best way to handle the passphrase in a GUI program is by
using Quintuple-Agent.  The problem is that this software has no
direct support for GnuPG (it uses a wrapper).  I am working on
extending it to speak the GnuPG agent protocol directly, but although
that most code exists it is not yet ready.  I need at least 1 spare
day to complete my changes.

What you can do for easier migration is to check whether a variable
GPG_AGENT_INFO exists and if so, pass the option --use-agent to GnuPG.

  Werner