Selecting primary UID

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri Jun 22 13:00:01 2001

 || On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 11:06:45 +0100
 || Lee Evans <lee@vital.co.uk> wrote:

 le> I have two UID's on my keypair, I wondered if it is possible to
 le> specify which is the primary UID - the actual problem is that
 le> when I sign someone elses key, it is signing it with my second
 le> UID, rather than the one I want it to use.

That is not true.  You sign with your key and not using a user ID.  It
is just that GnuPG chooses one of your key IDs as the one to be
printed along with a keyID.

Don't confuse that with _you_ are signing a key - in this case you
indeed sign the (primary) key _and_ the user ID(s).