Do not use GnuPG under Mac OS RNG

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed Jun 27 20:16:01 2001

 || On Wed, 27 Jun 2001 09:38:42 -0400
 || Gordon Worley <redbird@mac.com> wrote:

 gw> Okay, first, let's make sure we're talking about the same
 gw> thing. rndunix is what I'm getting if I call rnd(), correct?  I

You mean rand(3)?  rndunix.c has noithing to to with this, it is the
part of GnuPG which collect entropy on Unix like OSes.

 gw> Secondly, egd claims to be collecting from 21 sources on my
 gw> machine. If rndunix is just one of those, won't the entropy from the

I think here a definitely a misunderstanding.

  Werner