GnuPG and PGP2.

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Sun Mar 4 20:03:03 2001

On Sun, 4 Mar 2001, Krisse Selén wrote:

> At present, simultaneously encrypting and signing a message with so called
> "RSA Legacy" keys requires using a pretty complicated workaround method.
Not looking at the afct that we can't use IDEA, tehre are 2 other rpoblems: The first is that at some time I misinterpreted rfc2440 and did not implement signature w/o one pass packets according to the standard. This has to be addressed; I hope I can do so in 1.0.5 but it is not a trivial change. The second is that OpenPGP and PGP are not really compatible. 3DES is the only MUST algorithm in OpenPGP whereas it is IDEA in PGP 2. Addressing this issue needs an extra switch. Werner -- Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. -- Augustinus