why are there 2 keys?

Neko (Simone Demmel) neko@greenie.muc.de
Sun Mar 4 22:39:00 2001

Hi,

sorry for asking a FAQ, I didn't find the question in the official FAQ
on the web.

I generated a pair of keys for me. If I now want to send my public key I
get two keys offered, one marked as 's' and one marked with 'e'.

I suppose, one is for encryption and one is for signing.

Which one do I have to send, if someone asks me for my public key -
both?

And why are there two keys? My first key was only one for everything.
(It's a few years ago, and now I decided to start new with gnupgp,
the old key was not used for years now and is lost)

neko
--
neko@greenie.muc.de 	  Simone Demmel		Muenchen (Germany)
Fax.: 089/356 550 25 		      http://greenie.muc.de/~neko/