Q: gpg on windows w/ removable media

Ben Paul Wise bwise@sito.saic.com
Fri Mar 30 23:29:03 2001

Andy et al,

I do this on Linux, by having a soft link from ~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg to the
corresponding thing on the floppy (similarly for secring). But if you modify
either one, it overwrites the link and you have to copy it over by hand.

The question is how to establish a softlink in Windows. Will a simple
'shortcut' do the trick?

NB: having the secret ring on a write-protected, removable floppy appears to
be a good protection against the recent Czech attack.