Re: Sending Revocation Certificate to Key Servers

Ralf Huels ralf.huels@epost.de
Wed May 2 07:59:02 2001

This Question seems to come up rather frequently and I didn't
find it in the FAQ list.
So, assuming Brad's and Brian's permission, I suggest this
entry to Nils:
Q: I have successfully generated a revocation certificate, but
   I don't understand how to send it to the key servers.

A: Most keyservers don't accept a 'bare' revocation certificate.
   You have to import the certificate into gpg first:

   gpg --import my-revocation.asc

   then send the /key/ to the keyservers:

   gpg --keyserver certserver.pgp.com --send-keys mykeyid

Tschüß,
Ralf

www.epost.de - kostenlose eMail mit der Deutschen Post.