Ugly way to change the primary UID

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed May 2 09:47:02 2001

On Tue, 1 May 2001, Nicholas Cole wrote:

> I found that simply deleting the self-sig on the primary UID and
> resigning also works; the disadvantage of both methods is surely that it
Whay taking the easy way if there is a more complicated one :-). If you can really delete the last self-signature, this should really work. IIRC, I once had a check that you can't delete the last self-signature - but I may be wrong on this.
> might make an alert user wonder if your key has been tampered with since
> creation.
That is a problem, but according to OpenPGP this is perfectly legal. Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus