GPGME for WIndows

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu May 3 11:31:01 2001

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Miroslav Koncar wrote:

> I've installed gcc from Cygnus on windows, so I'm thinking I need to
Read the doc/README.W32 file in the GnuPG distribution. You have to use the cross-compiler kit.
> place the compiled libraries somewhere within this distribution?
You must make sure that the gpgme-config is the one of the cross-compiler kit.
> wrote for encryption/decryption using GPGME APIs runs aproximatelly two
> times slower with GnuPG 1.0.5/GPGME 0.2.1 as it did with GnuPG
> 1.0.4/GPGME 0.2.1. Any ideas?
Get a faster box - we are trying hard to emulate MS software :-) Frankly, GnuPG 1.0.5 is slower due to the more excessive key checking it does. See the NEWS file for a hint on how to make it faster for v4 keys. ciao, Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus