Which Email Client

Sebastian Jaenicke tsa@jaenicke.org
Thu Nov 8 19:43:02 2001

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 10:10:16AM -0800, Nick Andriash wrote:
> On Thursday, November 08 2001 at 08:02 AM PDT, you wrote:
>=20
> > PS: Your lines are *WAY* too long.
>=20
> Just curious, but is Mutt incapable of wrapping incoming messages? His
> lines seem fine here, using Becky which must automatically wrap long
> lines because I see no problem here.=20

Mutt *is* capable of wrapping overlong lines. But when replying to a=20
message a quoting character (> ) is only inserted at the beginning of
each line, so if becomes difficult to assign some (multiple) quoted
lines of text to a sender because some lines will not begin with a=20
quoting character.

Example (quoting myself):

> This text is more than one line, so the second line will be wrapped when
quoting but not contain a quoting character at the beginning.

Sebastian
--=20
Sebastian Jaenicke
whois pgpkey-18AC0BE4@whois.ripe.net|perl -ne's-^certif: +--&&print'