M$ Outlook - Plugin for GPG?

David R. Bergstein dbergstein@home.com
Sat Nov 10 15:59:01 2001

The key management tool in G-DATA is GPA, but unfortunatetly the v0.91
plugin seems to be linked to an older version of GnuPG (1.04 AFIK).  This
fails to work properly for me w/Outlook 2000.  Here is a discussion thread I
recently posted to on the WinPT users list.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-winpt-users@lcsweb.net
[mailto:owner-winpt-users@lcsweb.net]On Behalf Of David R. Bergstein
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2001 4:29 PM
To: Timo Schulz
Cc: WinPT Users
Subject: Update on G-DATA Plugin [RE: WinPT Users: Announcement for
GPGOE 0.2.0]

It turns out that the WinPT conflict was due to a registry change made
by the G-DATA plug-in installation program (path to GnuPG
executable).  Some other issues with G-DATA include the fact that the
encryption button in the plug-in does not work, and the gpg_gpa
executable that it requires is an obsolete version of GnuPG (v1.04).

I guess I answered my own questions.  :-)

David R. Bergstein
Systems Engineer and Blues Musician -
http://members.home.net/dbergstein/
Heart of Blue - bookings on-line at http://www.heartofblue.com
OpenPGP Public Key 0x56A3E687 - For info see http://www.gnupg.org
Key fingerprint = 3756 CCF2 8D82 ADDE 61F2  2A5A 2CEB EB09 56A3 E687