M$ Outlook - Plugin for GPG?

Peter Kuhm peter.kuhm@plus.at
Mon Nov 12 22:14:01 2001

At 17:02 12.11.01 +0100, Hanno 'Rince' Wagner wrote:

>> I see! At Kai Raven's http://home.arcor.de/kraven/pgp/pgp02aa.html
>> (german language) he had no problem with Win2000 but advises to use
>> the key management from GPGshell <GnuPGkeys.exe> instead.
>> BTW, GPGshell is a really nice GUI, pretty similar to WinPT but IMvHO
>> a little bit smarter with the right mouse button and in optical appearance.

>Well, I can't use it here on NT; the plugin isn't able to start gpg
>for crypting mails; signing works fine. Unfortunately, it doesn't
>give me the correct errormessage..

could you elaborate on this?

>GPGshell seems to be nice, but I haven't figured out which one is
>better. GPA isn't downloadable somewhere in binary-format for Win32...

you will find GPA windoze binaries on ftp://ftp.gnupg.org
in /pub/fruis/gpa/

however GPA is currently by far not as useful as GNUshell or WinPT, IMHO.
BTW, I recently downloaded the latter in version 0.4.0 but just
learned "Version 0.5.0 (with installer) is available (2001-10-28)"
-> http://www.winpt.org/download.html - will have a look at the
new release.

regards from Austria,
Peter