GnuPG distribution - Windows

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel@mamane.lu
Thu Oct 11 07:33:02 2001

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 03:19:24PM +0200, DeBug wrote:

>>> Pointing them to ftp.gnupg.org (if you use an unmodified version of
>>> gpg) is enough, to fulfill the license.
LEM>> I think it doesn't.
> I think the most important thing is underlying ideas of what is free
> (libre) software and how to ensure it is free.
OK, you are taking about what you understand is the intent of the GPL, I speak about the letter of what the GPL says. The GPL is a legal contract between the person that gives you GnuPG and you. You'd be a lot safer in court if you respect the letter of the contract rather than your interpretation of the intent. (And this discussion should maybe go the fsfe-discuss or something like that) And my understanding of Samuel's question was more along the lines of "I don't really care about the politics of free software, please just say me what I must do to be safe legally".