SOLUTION to GNUPG on sparc64 & solaris2.8

GNU Lists gnu-list@doink.com
Thu Oct 11 19:13:02 2001

On 11 October 2001 at 13:10, Lars Hecking <lhecking@nmrc.ie> wrote:

lh> Apart from the "--disable-asm" issue, I think there is
lh> something fishy in your system configuration.

    OK.

lh> What happens if you just use ./configure sparc-sun-solaris2
lh> with no further options?

    Works fine.  But, I do get this message, and chose to use
    --enable-static-rnd=none as suggested.

    *** You may want to run ./configure with --enable-static-rnd=none to be
    *** able to load the EGD client code dynamically; this way you can choose
    *** between RNDUNIX and RNDEGD without recompilation.

lh> What is the output of ./scripts/config.guess?

    sparc-sun-solaris2.8

lh> What is the output of gcc -v?

    Reading specs from
    /tools/gcc-2.8.1/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.5/2.9-redhat-980810/specs
    gcc version 2.9-redhat-980810

    It's looking to me, with a little more hindsight that I was
    probably just fighting the "--disable-asm" trouble.

    Thanks....