SOLUTION to GNUPG on sparc64 & solaris2.8

Lars Hecking lhecking@nmrc.ie
Thu Oct 11 19:26:01 2001

> Works fine. But, I do get this message, and chose to use
> --enable-static-rnd=none as suggested.
>
> *** You may want to run ./configure with --enable-static-rnd=none to be
> *** able to load the EGD client code dynamically; this way you can choose
> *** between RNDUNIX and RNDEGD without recompilation.
That's ok. You may wish to take a look at ANDIrand, though.
> lh> What is the output of ./scripts/config.guess?
>
> sparc-sun-solaris2.8
Ok - same here.
> lh> What is the output of gcc -v?
>
> Reading specs from
> /tools/gcc-2.8.1/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.5/2.9-redhat-980810/specs
> gcc version 2.9-redhat-980810
>

> It's looking to me, with a little more hindsight that I was
> probably just fighting the "--disable-asm" trouble.
It looks to me like your gcc and your OS version are severly at odds. Why, if this is a sparc-sun-solaris2.8 system, is there some RedHat-based gcc installed? Also, this gcc has private includes for Solaris 2.5, and there will very definitely be conflicts with system headers. You're lucky you got it compiled somehow. Suggestion: upgrade to 2.95.3 and install it for Solaris 8. If you need to maintain versions for several different Solaris releases, I can give you some hints if you email me privately.