How to get delsig to .. delete a sig? :-)

jgp@operamail.com jgp@operamail.com
Tue Oct 16 09:05:01 2001

>===== Original Message From Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel@mamane.lu> =====
>Enter the number preceding the uid(s) the signature you want to delete
>is on (in you example, there is only one, so that is "1"). You will
>notice a star before the selected uid(s).
Thanks for that. For the record (to include some list-archine search bait): $ gpg --edit-key key_you_want_to_edit # For keys with multiple UIDs, hit the number of the UID that has the # sig you want to strip.
> 1[enter]
> delsig
# GnuPG will prompt you if you want to delete each of the sigs one at # a time. Hit
>n[enter]
# for each on you want to keep, and
>y[enter]
# for the one you want to remove.
>save
>exit
Thanks again, Lionel. (And the for the mis-addressing heads-up - I hate the way this mail client works. Mutt wouldn't have become confused). James