ibutton and gpg key - Java and USB

gold gold@babel.com.au
Thu Oct 25 11:05:01 2001

Jim Witte wrote:

>   This would be cool.  But could you access the USB device from Java
> (maybe as an HID device)?

I remember _ages_ ago when a friend of mine first found iButtons talking
about this and apparently they're designed for that sort of interfacing
(I'd have to double check though.)  They can run a jvm on them though.
 That might be what I was thinking.  Java has trouble access outwards
(security stuff) but what about having info pushed at it?  The button,
with a jvm, could, when activated, look for an appropriate applet and
feed it the info needed...  I'm not a java coder so I'm not sure if this
would work.