GnuPG and French law

Sylvain Soliman Sylvain.Soliman@m4x.org
Wed Oct 17 17:54:06 2001

    Hello,

  I'm a quite recent GnuPG user, and my main use is that of signing/verifying
signatures, which as you may know is now completely legal in France.

  However, if I were to encrypt a message for somebody whose key were
bigger than 128bits, I'd be considered a very bad boy by French law... :(

  This fact has never been a real problem, but I was wondering if GnuPG's team
was aware that filling a (quite) simple form (in French!!!) and sending it to
the administration, would allow, after the usual administrative delay, a
completely free use of GnuPG for any French citizen.

  PGP already has the approval of the administration for some of its versions,
thanks to a demand from Network Associates France. Has anybody already applied
for GnuPG? If so what was the result? Else, why?

  Thanks in advance,

	Sylvain.

P.S. Please Cc me in your answers as I'm not (yet) subscribed to the list

--
Sylvain Soliman <Sylvain.Soliman@m4x.org>        GnuPG Public Key: 0x0F53AF99
Secretaire adjoint - Fede. Francaise de Go  http://ffg.jeudego.org/ffg-f.html