pgp 2.6 compatibility

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri Sep 14 10:05:07 2001

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 22:27:24 +0200, Timo Maier said:

> Lot's of the list subscribers demand, or a least would like to have pgp
> 2.6.3 compatibility. IMHO gpg can only be successful if it's fully
> campatible to pgp 2.6.3
As told a hundred times ;-): Due to the IDEA patent is not possible to do this - actually this is the reason why I wrote GnuPG. You might want to ask again in 2007. Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus