Changing preferences

David K. Trudgett dkt@registriesltd.com.au
Wed Sep 19 05:30:01 2001

--lEGEL1/lMxI0MVQ2

Hi all,

I'm trying to change the preferences for my RSA key to make it use
IDEA encryption. The instructions in the FAQ seem to be incorrect
(they refer to using the "edit" menu, and there doesn't appear to
be any such thing -- perhaps there used to be).

As a work-around, I've put

cipher-algo idea

in my options file, but that will change the cipher for all keys.

Does anyone have any pointers on this (there's nothing in the
handbook on it, either).

Thanks.

David Trudgett

PS

When I use "--edit-key" and "showprefs" on a standard Diffie Hellman
key, it lists Rijndael, Twofish*, etc, but when I use it on the RSA
key, no preferences are shown. There doesn't appear to be any way to
change preferences in either case.

Oddly enough, encrypting with the RSA key used the 3DES cipher by
default, which is the least preferred option for the DH key, and
obviously PGP 2.6.x can't deal with 3DES.

*Should have been the AES!

--lEGEL1/lMxI0MVQ2

--lEGEL1/lMxI0MVQ2--