Decrypting an entire file

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Thu Apr 4 00:38:02 2002

Sorry, all my scripting is in the Korn shell on a Linux box.

On Linux I'd do:
  echo "My Pass Phrase" | gpg --homedir my_home_dir --passphrase-fd 0
--no-tty --output - --decrypt "$2" >> my_decrypted_output

Don't know if the '--output -' will force the output to STDLIST on a *doze
box or not.  You might try it without the '--output -' altogether.

-----Original Message-----
From: A2ZUniforms.com [mailto:sales@a2zuniforms.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 1:32 PM
To: Steve Butler; gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Subject: Re: Decrypting an entire file

Steve,
The file is encrypted on a Cobalt (Redhat Linux) and decrypted on a WinXP
machine.  Can you tell me what the full command line should be at the
command prompt on my WinXP box to accomplish this?  I sure do appreciate the
response :)  It will be a happy day when I know how to do this.

Thanks,

Tim D.

I don't remember all the details.  Seems like you had individual encrypted
sessions appended to the main file.
<yes I do>

I suspect that since you want each decrypted session to also append to the
output that you will need to send the decrypted output to STDLIST and
redirect that to a file using the append redirect (>>).  I presume this is
on a *NIX box.
<encrypting on a redhat linux box - decrypting on a WinXP box>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.