Difficulties with PGP 7.1?

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Thu Apr 11 09:43:01 2002

--=-7DGEDzJaz3C3XZNV5E1S

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 22:31, Volker Gaibler wrote:
> > Are there any fundamental difficulties between PGP 7.1 and GnuPG (Debia=
> > 1.0.6-3 here)? I'll try to get some more data, but a friend of mine and
> > I have some difficulties with broken signatures.
>=20
> I also had problems communicating with PGP 7.0.x at the beginning because=
=20
> I always got bad signatures. Maybe it's because GnuPG uses v4-signatures =
for
> data material and PGP accepts V4 only for keys. To fix this problem just
> write force-v3-sigs to your options-file (that's also mentioned in the FA=
Q).
> That makes GnuPG sign with v3 always.=20

Ok, I will try this. But what about pgp7 sigs I can't verify with gnupg?
These happen sometimes, too.

(This said, I'm more and more ready to just blame it all on evolution -
saving the messages to an external file, and the signatures will verify
fine.)

btw, I'm having trouble with your sig, too.

gpg: Signature made Wed Apr 10 22:31:44 2002 CEST using DSA key ID
86ECAC0B
gpg: requesting key 86ECAC0B from wwwkeys.ch.pgp.net ...
gpg: key 86ECAC0B: invalid subkey binding
gpg: key 86ECAC0B: no valid user IDs
gpg: this may be caused by a missing self-signature
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:           w/o user IDs: 1

cheers
-- vbi