Difficulties with PGP 7.1?

Volker Gaibler volker.gaibler@urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Apr 11 00:24:01 2002

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn

> Are there any fundamental difficulties between PGP 7.1 and GnuPG (Debian
> 1.0.6-3 here)? I'll try to get some more data, but a friend of mine and
> I have some difficulties with broken signatures.

I also had problems communicating with PGP 7.0.x at the beginning because=
=20
I always got bad signatures. Maybe it's because GnuPG uses v4-signatures for
data material and PGP accepts V4 only for keys. To fix this problem just
write force-v3-sigs to your options-file (that's also mentioned in the FAQ).
That makes GnuPG sign with v3 always.=20

Volker

--=20
 Volker Gaibler                                 contact:=20
 http://www.volker-gaibler.de                   mail@volker-gaibler.de
 OpenPGP key: 0x86ECAC0B

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn--