Integrated GnuPG use with MS Outlook

Peter T. Abplanalp pta@psaconsultants.com
Sat Apr 13 15:28:01 2002

--wq9mPyueHGvFACwf

i have a similar problem.  i would like for my accountant to use pgp
but she must have things simple so i looked at the g-data gnupg plugin
and it works well.  the link you list works for me, perhaps there was
a transient problem.  you can go directly to the download at:
http://www3.gdata.de/gpg/download.html.

so, the plugin is fairly nice but i have to say that the command line
interface to gnupg is not simple for windows users and gpa still isn't
as fully featured as pgpkeys.  if you really need things to be at
their simplest, i would suggest you have your dad install freeeware
pgp from pgpi.org.

that said, i use gnupg myself because i like gnu!  ;-)

one other thing, when you get your dad set up, you will find that
outlook cannot handle pgp/mime and that you will need to set your
emailer to send "traditional" pgp email to your dad.

if you have further question, don't hesitate to ask.