verifying rsa signatures

Chandrasekhar I.V. ivshekar@netcontinuum.com
Wed Apr 17 18:14:01 2002

Well, this is wht i get when i tried to import a RSA public key.
 >> gpg --import pub.pem
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0

Note that pub.pem is my RSA public key extracted frm a RSA private key.pem that i used to create the .sig file using RSA digital signature algo. Its not a pgp public key and it is created thru  genrsa frm openssl. and i now want to verify this .sig using gpg tools.
Does anything special need to be done enable RSA operations? Do we have to do sth to the .gnupg/options file?
And assuming this operation had succeeded, how do i specify the rsa pubkey that i want  to verify the rsa signature with? I see that "gnupg -verify x.sig x.txt" doesnt have the option to take in a specified key.

Basically, can we, using gpg tools, verify the signatures generated thru RSA private key using, say, openssl rsa sign generation utilities? If we can, then can somebody guide me thru the steps please?

thanks
sekhar.