How do I achieve full compatibility

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Wed Apr 17 19:24:01 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 08:48:30PM +0200, Johan Wevers wrote:
> Werner Koch wrote:
>
> > No, because PGP is not OpenPGP compatible.  1.0.7 will come with a
> > --pgp6 switch to put all pgp 6 (and 7) workarounds under one
> > conevenience option.
>
> Nice (almost as nice as the --pgp2 switch - BTW, does the later complain
> when the idea plugin is not installed?).

If you try to use IDEA in 1.0.7 and the plugin is not installed, GnuPG
prints:

gpg: the IDEA cipher plugin is not present
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/why-not-idea.html for more information

http://www.gnupg.org/why-not-idea.html has reasons not to use IDEA,
and instructions on how to get it if the reasons don't apply to you.

David