Problems decrypting

Thorsten.Delbrouck@guardeonic.com Thorsten.Delbrouck@guardeonic.com
Tue Apr 23 09:00:01 2002

Hi,

recently I received a message that was encrypted to 9 recipients (one of them being me) using "CryptoEx" [1]. I was able to decrypt it using NAIs Desktop Suite 7.1 (Windows 2K) without a problem, but I could not decrypt it using GnuPG 1.0.6-2 (win32) (w/ WinPT 0.5.9) -- it just spit out the error message "No secret key available" followed by a Key ID that doesn't belong to one of my keys.

Apart from that I noticed that PGP 7.1 shows a message box like this

--------------
  Message was encrypted to the following public keys:
  <name>
  <my name>
  <name>
  <...>
  (n unknown keys)
--------------

Applied to the same message GnuPG (w/ WinPT) fires up the same info-box but it looks like

--------------
  Message was encrypted to the following public keys:
  <my name>

Do you have any ideas? Is there any additional information you need?

Thanks a lot for you help!

regards,
/tdk

[1]: http://www.cryptoex.com/technology/cryptoex/cryptoex_outlook.asp?LANG=us