Replacing PGP (Freeware 7.0.3) by gnuPG + gpgSHELL

David R. Bergstein dbergstein@comcast.net
Thu Apr 25 05:57:01 2002

Have you tried exporting the PGP 7.0.3 keys as ascii armored files?  If not,
the native pgp binary format may be causing some issues when importing these
keys to GnuPG.

David R. Bergstein
Systems Engineer and Blues Musician -
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dbergstein/
Heart of Blue - bookings on-line at http://www.heartofblue.com
OpenPGP Public Key 0xE1F138CA - For info see http://www.gnupg.org
Key fingerprint = C86E CA2A 4171 AC73 91D7  3DCE 8832 D764 E1F1 38CA

-----Original Message-----
From: gnupg-users-admin@gnupg.org [mailto:gnupg-users-admin@gnupg.org]On
Behalf Of Marie-Noelle Baechler
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 11:33 AM
To: gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Subject: Replacing PGP (Freeware 7.0.3) by gnuPG + gpgSHELL

Hello,

I would like to replace PGP freeware 7.0.3 by gnuPG
and GPGshell. I am using Windows Me with 256MB  RAM.
When I try to import my keys, I get an error message
(number 53) telling me that gpgSHELL does not find
the file I supplied and which has been exported from
PGP Keys. Does anybody knows what is happening?

Thank you in advance

Marie-Noelle Baechler