Can we combine secret keyrings?

folligy@gmx.net folligy@gmx.net
Mon Apr 29 07:27:01 2002

Hi,

I'm searching for a way to combine two secrings. I've got an old one (with
an old
secret subkey from my old PC) and a new one (with my new secret subkey) but
can't export the secret key from the old one and import to the new one
because
the primary key is already present there and gpg is complaining about this.
The
DSA primary key is in both keyrings. I just want to import the old secret
encryption subkey into the new secret keyring.

gpg: key 14DCBC1F: already in secret keyring

Can i merge them somehow else?
I did the following:
gpg -a -o secfile.asc --export-secret-key 0x14DCBC1F
gpg --allow-secret-key-import --import secfile.asc

Frank Ollig

http://www.gmx.net