GnuPG 1.1.91,GPGME and Sylpheed

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue Aug 6 11:31:04 2002

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002 10:49:28 +0200, Kai Raven said:

> perhaps i'm blind, but  gpg --help give me only --export, man gpg give
> me only --export. I have exported my key, which have a photo-id with

I know that we should restructure the man page a bit ;-) but it is
there:

       --export-options parameters

                 This is a space or comma delimited string that gives
                 options for exporting keys.  Options can be prepended
                 with a `no-' to give the opposite meaning.  The
                 options are:

                 include-non-rfc

                           Include non-RFC compliant keys in the
                           export.  Defaults to yes.

                 include-local-sigs

                           Allow exporting key signatures marked as
                           "local".  This is not gener­ ally useful
                           unless a shared keyring scheme is being
                           used.  Defaults to no.

                 include-attributes

                           Include attribute user IDs (photo IDs)
                           while exporting.  This is use­ ful to
                           export keys if they are going to be used by
                           an OpenPGP program that does not accept
                           attribute user IDs.  Defaults to yes.

                 include-sensitive-revkeys

                           Include designated revoker information that
                           was marked as "sensitive".  Defaults to no.

> gpg--export. The keyservers can't decrypt the cipherblock, because the
> photo-id is still in the exported key. I deleted the photo-id manually

As you can see include-attributes defaults to yes, so you should use

--export-options no-include-attributes

> And GPGME 0.3.8 is incompatible with GnuPG 1.1.91?

I don't think so.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner